- Title of the workshops / seminars conducted: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Hands-On Workshop
- Date: 21st June 2019, Time: 9 am to 1pm and Venue: Computer Lab, Symbiosis Statistical Institute, Pune
- Resource Person(s): Dr. Rahul Mhaskar, Director- Morsani College of Medicine office RISE and Associate Professor at Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida, USA
- Abstract/short note on the workshop/seminar: This workshop aimed to give an introduction to systematic literature review and meta-analysis of research studies. There was a detailed discussion about the approach for conducting a systematic review in which different examples were taken up to explain the process. The difference between systematic review and meta-analysis was explained, highlighting the use of quantitative analysis in the latter. This was followed by a step-by-step tutorial on using RevMan for conducting metaanalysis.
- Approximate number of attendees:36