1) Five students worked as an intern at the ‘Ministry of Women and Child Development’ (MWCD) Statistics Bureau, New Delhi.
Students successfully completed their internship by submitting a report on Wome’s role in decision making and administration.
1. They contributed in statistical analysis on excel and R software.
2. Statistical techniques like PCA and its applications in calculating weights of different indicators for a particular dimension.
3. States having the highest and lowest rate of working population considering different types of women employees like self-employed or casual worker with the help of index numbers.
4. Possible factors behind the less working population.
5. Bring out the positive social and educational outcomes
6. Applied Statistics is not a domain-specific, analytics can always be very helpful in bringing the transformation socially by giving a shape/understanding to the raw data.
For students, Internship at Statistics Bureau was an amazing experience.
2) Following students presented and published papers in the “National Conference on Recent
Advancements in Statistics and Their Applications to the Society”. at the New Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ahmednagar held on 17th and 18th January 2019.
- Preetham Dhonekeni
- Aditya Das
- Shaunak Sirodaria
- Aditya Shinde
- Gitanjali Gode
- Soham Chandratre
- Nishtha Jain
- Sajna K
3) Internship at the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
4) Silver Medal Certificate for NPTEL course “Introduction to machine Learning”.
5) Congratulations for working with Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Women and Child Development, GoI.
6) Blog Competition Award Felicitation @ WiDS Pune 2020.
7) Congratulations Shaunak Sirodaria for completing summer internship at CERN, Switzerland.
8) Congratulations Surbhi Mehta for receiving the Merit Scholarship (in 3rd semester)
& interning at ‘Ministry of women and child development’.
9) Mr Arpan Sil and Mr Kounteyo Roy Chowdhury from batch 2019-21, completed the Final round of AITHON (Level III: The Mental Health Of India During COVID) organized by Spotle.ai in association with CMI, SPJAIN & NASSCOM community and secured 6th rank out of 7342 participants along with earning Top project badge. Congratulations to both!