Symbiosis Statistical Institute offers MSc (Applied Statistics) programme with following three specializations:
1. Data Science
2. Biostatistics and Data Analysis
3. Industrial Statistics and Operations Research
– The programme includes some pre-requisite courses.
– The courses taken in Semester-III and Semester-IV are based on the choice of specialization and the relevant flexi courses, specialization core and specialization electives offered in that specialization.
– All students will be required to undertake an internship of two to three months. This is during the month of April to June after completion of the Semester-II.
– The students undertake the Industry Project during the months of December to April as part of the programme in Semester-IV.
– Other than the regular credit course, the Institute will also conduct tutorials, handson workshops, series of guest lectures, scientific colloquiums, skill development lectures and value added courses, which will be non-credit courses.
– Theory and practical credits depends upon chosen specialization.
– Depending upon the strength of the students we will be offering specialization in Bio-Statistics and Data Analysis, Data Science, Industrial Statistics and Operations Research.