Msc Statistics Program Structure 2
Symbiosis Statistical Institute offers MSc (Applied Statistics) programme with following four specializations:
1. Data Science
2. Biostatistics and Data Analysis
3. Industrial Statistics and Operations Research
4. Actuarial Statistics
– The program has prerequisite courses that must be taken before proceeding to the next level.
– The courses offered in Semester III and IV depend on the specialization chosen by the student and may include specialization core, specialization electives, and relevant flexi courses.
– All students are required to complete about two to three-months Summer Internship between June and July after completing Semester II.
– The Industry Project is an integral part of the program and is completed between January to April in Semester IV.
– Aside from regular credit courses, the SSI offers non-credit courses such as tutorials, hands-on workshops, guest lectures, scientific colloquiums, skill development lectures, and value-added courses.
– The number of theory and practical credits earned depend on the chosen specialization.
– Depending on the students’ strength the Institute take the decision of implementanting particular specializations- Data Science, Industrial Statistics and Operations Research, Biostatistics and Actuarial Statistics.