MSc Statistics Overview
2 years, full-time programme
The academic year commences in July and continues until end April, consisting of four semesters.
- Graduate from any statutory/recognized University with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in
1. B.Sc. (Second class) with Statistics as principal and Mathematics at subsidiary level
2. B.Sc. (Second class) with Mathematics as principal and Statistics at subsidiary level
3. B.Sc. (Second class) in Actuarial Science with Mathematics and Statistics at subsidiary level
4. B.Sc. (Second class), with Statistics as one of the subjects
5. B C S (Second class), with Statistics as one of the subjects
6. B C A (Second class), with Statistics as one of the subjects
7. B.E. with Mathematics/Statistics at subsidiary level
Selection of students is based on:
1. Academic record with minimum 50 percent (45% for SC/ST) at graduation level
2. Performance at the “Writing Aptitude Test (Technical and Academic)” (WAT) and Personal Interaction (PI) which will be conducted in Kolkata, Noida and Pune. WAT is a written test that will be scheduled along with a comprehensive Personal Interaction (PI).
3. Technical and Academic Writing Test – Essay type written test on a general topic to comprehend the writing skills of the candidate.
Personal Interaction – Interaction with a panel of experts