2 years, full-time programme
The academic year commences in July/August and continues until end April, consisting of four semesters.
- Graduates with Statistics/Mathematics at principal or subsidiary level from any recognized University/ Institution of National importance with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or equivalent grade are welcome.
- BTech or B.E. with Mathematics/Statistics at a subsidiary level may also apply.
Students appearing for final year examinations can apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or equivalent grade at qualifying examination.
- All students are required to undergo various assessments.
- There will be continuous assessment pattern. The Term end examination is conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
You may pay through demand draft or online through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The details are given as below:
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.750./- by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of Symbiosis Statistical Institute, payable at Pune.
- Choose the mode of Payment as DD in “Make Payment”Tab and click “Submit”.
- Please mention your details and name at the backside of the DD.
- Take a print of the payment advice form, sign & send it along with the DD to Symbiosis Statistical Institute only at,
Symbiosis Statistical Institute(SSI),
Senapati Bapat Road,
Ph: 020-25925354 OR 25925355
Credit card/Debit card:
- Alternatively, you can also pay online through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking with the payment gateway link provided in the form, when you choose the mode of Payment as Online Payment in the “Make Payment” tab before clicking “Submit”.
- Symbiosis Statistical Institute (SSI) will authenticate the payment details and will send you an email confirming the payment for SSI.
Reservation of seats
The following will be reservation rules that shall be followed while admitting Indian Students:
- Scheduled Caste – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe – 7.5%
- Differently abled – 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 over and above programme intake
Admissions of all International Students
Admissions of all International Students including foreign nationals, PIO & NRI are done through The International Office of Symbiosis International. Kindly refer to www.scie.ac.in
The policy of admission against vacant seats under reserved category
In case some seats remain vacant due to the non-availability of suitable candidates in the category of reservations then the information about the vacant seats will be reported to Symbiosis International University. With the permission of the Vice-Chancellor, the seats will be converted to the general category seats and shortlisted students will be offered these seats.
Selection of students is based on:
- Academic record with minimum 50 percent (45% for SC/ST) at graduation level
- Performance at the “Writing Aptitude Test (Technical and Academic)” (WAT) and Personal Interaction (PI) which will be conducted in Kolkata, Noida and Pune. WAT is a written test that will be scheduled along with a comprehensive Personal Interaction (PI).
- Technical and Academic Writing Test – Essay type written test on a general topic to comprehend the writing skills of the candidate.
Personal Interaction – Interaction with a panel of experts
- The academic year will start in July.
|Online Registration||16th April 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration||18th May 2018|
|Preparation of Shortlisting||19th May 2018|
|Generation of Call Letters and handling queries||22nd May 2018|
|Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Aptitude Test (Technical and Academic)||Kolkata (PI + Aptitude Test): Wed 30th May 2018
Noida (PI + Aptitude Test): Friday 1st June 2018
Pune (PI + Aptitude Test): Monday 4th June 2018
|First Merit List||11th June 2018|
|Second Merit List||18th June 2018|
|Last date of Payment of Fees||As per provisional admission letter|
|Course Commencement||Monday 9th July|
* The dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change
International Student: As per SCIE website.
Fee Structure academic year
* Excluding hostel and mess charges
|ACADEMIC YEAR||FEE STRUCTURE|
|Indian students (in Rs.)||International students (in Rs)|
|2018-19||Academic Fee (per annum) Rs. 1,93,000
Institute Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 10,000
|Academic Fee (per annum) Rs. 2,90,000
Administrative Fee (Non-Refundable) Rs. 40,000
Institute Deposit (Refundable) Rs. 10,000
Total Rs. 3,40,000
|1st Installment: 1,06,500
2nd Installment: 96,500
|1st Installment: 1,05,000
2nd Installment: 70,000
3rd Installment: 1,65,000