About Library SSI
SIU has implemented KOHA integrated library Management software for all its constituent units. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) of books and other reading material are accessible from any location. OPAC consists of books, print journals and magazines, KOHA Web-Opac Link – http://symbiosis-koha.informindia.co.in
Symbiosis Statistical Institute (SSI) library is using KOHA Open Source Library Management Systems as Library Software. The Library has a collection of Books, General Books, Reference Books, News Papers, Student’s project reports.
Details of Library Resources
|Monday to Saturday||10.00 A.M. – 04.00 P.M.|
|Book Issue – Return||10:00 A.M. – 04.00 P.M.|
Library Rules & Regulations
The members (Users) of Library are expected to observe the following rules. It shall help the Library in proper and efficient functioning and also it shall help the other members (users) of the Library.
- Every memebr of the staff must register its library memebership by filling the prescribed form.
- The memebrship of the student shall be registered from the list submitted by the Institutional administrative office.
- Every member of the library will be required to show Identity Card/Library Card/Smart Card provided by the respective Institute/Library while enjoying the library facilities.
- The library resources ( like books, journals, periodicals, CDs, DVDs etc.) shall be issued to the members as per the circulation guidelines of SSI
- Books returned after Due Date will be charged a fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Faculty members can Issue 2 books for 1 month.
- If Library Card Lost. Student has to Pay Rs.50/- for duplicate library card.
- A member shall be required to return the resource/ book issued to him/ her any time if asked by the library
- A member shall return/ renew the resource issued to him/ her on or before the due date
- A member failing to return/ renew the resource within the specific time shall be liable for the payment of fine as prescribed in the circulation policy of the SSI.
- A member loosing the library resource issued to him/ her shall follow the replacement rules as per the circulation policy of SIU.
- A member entering the library shall keep his/ her bags and other belongings outside the library on their own responsibility.
- A member willing to take books/ notebooks inside the library shall enter the detials in the register at the security gate.
- A member shall be allowed to take photocopies of the required contents from the Reference Books / Current Issues of periodicals etc. with the prior permission of library staff.
- A members shall not write upon or damage or mark any signs/ symbols/ remarks on any book belonging to the library
- A member taking wrong book from the shelf shall keep it on the book trolley or on the nearest table and shall not reshelf himself/ herself.
- A member shall not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. (A person doing so shall be liable for heavy penalty)
- A member shall not be allowed to issue any library resource to any one else.
- A member/ user may suggest /recommend book(s) which are useful for their study through SIU OPAC. (http://symbios is -koha.informindia. co.in)
- A member entering the library shall observe all the disciplinary rules of SIU A Member shall observe silence in the library
- A member is requested to keep his/ her mobile switched off or in silent mode in the Library
- A member shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library
- A member leaving the library shall co-operate with the check out mechanism and the security
- A member is not allowed to cut any news or part of a newspaper
- Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- No photograph of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the Librarian.
- All students shall be allowed in the library descently dressed only as they are allowed in the classrooms
- The Library In-Charge reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner
Library always welcomes the innovative ideas and suggestions from the users.